By Sarah Iles
YNOT – Google recently launched Enhanced Campaigns, an upgrade to Google AdWords dubbed the first step to improving and simplifying marketing in a multi-device world.
The way people use the internet has changed dramatically in the past several years. Instead of spending all their time on desktop machines, consumers now divide their attention between PCs, mobile phones and tablet devices. Recent research indicated 90 percent of connected people now move sequentially between several devices to complete a task.
What’s more, mobile and tablet devices are proving particularly popular for viewers of adult content, as their smaller screens and more grab-and-go nature offers more privacy than a PC.
In launching Enhanced Campaigns, Google hopes to present marketers with a simpler, more effective way of targeting the right audience.
Enhanced Campaigns brings four key changes to Google AdWords:
- All devices now may be targeted with one campaign.
- Tablet devices are targeted in the same way as desktops.
- Mobile bids can be fully controlled by users.
- Users can change mobile bids at the campaign level.
AdWords users no longer need to create separate, individual campaigns for mobile and desktop environments. Enhanced Campaigns offers a new set of tools that offer the ability to manage ads across device, time and location. Within a single campaign, different ads and extensions may target different users, depending on which device they use to connect and what time of day they’re searching.
Enhanced Campaigns could be exceptionally beneficial for the adult industry, allowing marketers to operate and monitor everything from just one place. Adjusting bids at the keyword level makes it even easier to observe how well each device performs. With adult consumers frequently employing an array of devices to best adapt to their privacy concerns, Enhanced Campaigns allows marketers to target consumers in a ways that ultimately should lead to increased profitability.
Google will be rolling out Enhanced Campaigns over the next few weeks, with plans to upgrade all campaigns to the format later this year. You’ll need to make some changes to your existing AdWords account structure in order to take advantage of the update.
Before you make changes, consider the following:
- If you have multiple AdWords accounts, ensure that you have access to all of them.
- Review the tools available to help you upgrade to Enhanced Campaigns quickly and effectively.
- You can make changes in AdWords directly, editing campaigns one at a time.
- You can make changes across multiple campaigns at once in AdWords Editor.
- If you have mobile-specific campaigns, you can merge them with existing desktop-only campaigns to make the upgrade process easier.
- Take some time to learn about bid adjustments, a new feature for Enhanced Campaigns.
Remember, Google launched the updates to make campaigns more easily manageable. You’d be a fool not to take advantage of the offer.
Sarah Iles is a partner manager at WhiteLabelDating.com, where she oversees marketing activity of international dating sites that channel millions in revenue annually. Sarah is a search specialist and is Google AdWords certified.
Launched in 2003, WhiteLabelDating.com is a multi-award-winning adult dating platform that powers more than 7,600 dating sites internationally for webmasters, affiliates and publishers. WhiteLabelDating.com provides the software, membership database, payment processing, customer support, hosting infrastructure; clients provide the brand, website design and marketing.