December 1st, 2010
HTML and XMLSearch Engine MarketingAdult Copywriting
– If you're hoping to get traffic to your website, then you need to optimize your site's landing pages for search engines while keeping in mind that web users will be viewing the same pages and evaluating your website based on what they see. This article offers 10 steps for building SEO-friendly and user-friendly landing pages.
When arriving on a landing page, web users subconsciously are asking the following questions:
• Does the page load quickly?
• Have they come to the right page?
• Does the page offer what they are looking for?
• Does the page appear to be from a reliable and trustworthy source?
• Is there an easy-to-find and understandable call to action?
Failure to meet any of these conditions on your landing pages may result in the user hitting the back button and returning to the search engine results. Landing pages and search engine spiders
Search engines analyze the content and code within pages of a website and consider factors including:
- Page URL
- Title META tag
- Keyword META tag (sometimes)
- Description META tag
- Page content
- Images and descriptive “alt” tags
- Links (anchor text)
Spending the extra time and effort to improve landing pages will improve rankings and ensure you meet your conversion goals. 1. URLs
URLs are visible in the search