Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    YNOT President ynotconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,053
    Blog Entries
    8

    Romney Supporter: The 'Common Person' isn't 'Getting It'

    Fuck, this quote from a rich lady at a recent Romney fundraiser just KILLS me....

    "We've got the message," she added. "But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies -- everybody who's got the right to vote -- they don't understand what's going on. I just think if you're lower income -- one, you're not as educated, two, they don't understand how it works, they don't understand how the systems work, they don't understand the impact."

    These people just have their own little world, don't they? lol I allmmosst feel sorry for them. She just can't understand why people who don't like being shafted by her husband's corporations won't just fall into place behind their bought and paid for candidate!

    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...r&dlvrit=56325

    What a clueless waste of human space.

  2. #2
    YNOT President ynotconnor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,053
    Blog Entries
    8
    Oh and one more issue related to that quote... Romney has a message? Someone clue me in what it is.

  3. #3
    LAJ
    LAJ is offline
    Administrator LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,591
    The irony of all this is the same people who blasted John Kerry as an elitist candidate out of touch with the common man... are the same who will be voting for Mitt Rmoney.
    Talk to me about advertising on YNOT and get your product in front of the eyes of thousands of Webmasters every day! ICQ 92418228 or email jay at ynot dot com.

  4. #4
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    This is true. I often feel the same way.

    I talk with my friends who are democrats in principle and independents. It amazes me sometimes how clueless they are as to whats really going on. They, like you, actually believe that people don't like Obama because he is black. It's complete brainwash from the left. I ask them what Democrat candidates do I like? Most of them say, well none.. My reply, well then how can you say I don't like Obama because he is black? Well, We didn't mean you.. OH, well then who did you mean? They, those others.. Me, name one.. ... you can see where this is going right..

    This is an absolutely clueless person.

    Let me ask you a question. Do you know a signed sealed Democrat who hates black people? I know a ton of them. So why is it so hard for you to believe that Democrats are racists? I mean i have seen a ton of posts from confirmed leftiests here call Republicans racists, by are Democrats racists too? Fucking odf course they are. Only an idiot would believe something different. So what does that make all the people who call Republicans racists? Idiots?

    Another one from this week. Romney wants Marco Rubio just to get the spanish vote.. I know, all you clueless people are shaking your heads right now. But fact is, Marco is a Cuban-American. There are only something like 4% Cuban latinos within the Latino demographic. The majority of the Latinio demographic is Mexican by like 63%. The only thing they have in common is they speak the same language. Marco does really well in the Cuban and Puerto Rican demographic which makes for just 9% of the latino population in this country. He fares no better in Mexican votes than any other GOP candidate. We know this because he has spent most of his adult after college life running for office and getting elected. Then we have the Guatemalans, Salvadorans, Dominicans and Colombians who also don't favor Rubio any more than Mexicans do. Yet the clueless continue to believe that just because they share the same language, they all vote together. RETARDS.

    I ask you, do you vote for a Brittan who imagrated here.. just because they speak the same language? Fucking of course not, only an idiot would think so. So if 90% of democrats believe this, then what does that make 90% of democrats.. idiots right.

    There are SO MANY clueless people out there and the people who know this clueless demographic fact USE MEDIA to convince them with very simple minded tactics. AND IT WORKS all fucking day long. Because we as a country don't have a brain that isn't filled with saturated fat.

    I believe we choose to be clueless. We choose to label one party as the owners of big business even though we know both parties own big business. We choose to label one party as slum employers even though we know both parties are slum employers. Democrats bill the GOP as recieving money and being owned by big business and wall street.. even though they recieve even more money from big business and wall street. Ask the fucking clueless population.. They say GOP.. Ask the fact keepers and they knopw Democrats.. It goes right back to the race thing. Black actually believe the Democrats are their friends and that Republicans are the ones who made them slaves.. They are clueless.. A Republican free`d you from Democrat slavery... So lets make him a vampire slayer.. Clueless by choice..
    veni vidi bibi

  5. #5
    YNOT Veteran Rochard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,403
    What I fail to understand is Romney's track record.

    His business experience seems to be him and his friends borrow a lot of money - hundreds of millions - to buy companies in distress, sell off the assets, lay people off, and hope to make the company profitable... And collect millions in "management" fees in the process. It's a beautiful business model really - Borrow someone else's money to buy something, charge millions to manage it, and then count your money when it all falls apart.

    Then you look at his track record as Governor of Massachusetts. Under Romney, he took the state from 47th in economic development to 50th - dead last. Anyone who did this should be voted out of office.

    I don't think Obama is doing all that bad. At the same time, the only way to fix the economy is both time and money. And this isn't a four or eight year problem; This is an ten year problem. I think things are better and things are improving, but I also think any president could have done this with a minimum amount of effort.
    DATINGFACTORY.US | WE BUILD YOUR BRAND NOT OURS!
    YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION

    Richard Buss | ICQ: 680123 | Skype: rochardbuss

    (Show me the money Paul!)




  6. #6
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    It's a lot easier to understand when you don't hate rich white politicians.

    In todays fucked up corperate world sometimes the best thing for struggling corperations is to dismantle them and sell the parts off to corps that are better suited to run them. Nobody likes failing businesses, but the fact remains that businesses fail and people suffer losses when they do.

    Only Democrats think that you can save a company by pouring tons of money into the sinking ship. Selling the ship for scrap often times makes room for a new ship to prosper.

    You don't understand it because you don't want to understand it. Because you too don't give a rats ass about saving the company, just care about hating Mitt.
    veni vidi bibi

  7. #7
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Orleans Louisiana United States
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotconnor View Post
    Fuck, this quote from a rich lady at a recent Romney fundraiser just KILLS me....

    "We've got the message," she added. "But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies -- everybody who's got the right to vote -- they don't understand what's going on. I just think if you're lower income -- one, you're not as educated, two, they don't understand how it works, they don't understand how the systems work, they don't understand the impact."

    These people just have their own little world, don't they? lol I allmmosst feel sorry for them. She just can't understand why people who don't like being shafted by her husband's corporations won't just fall into place behind their bought and paid for candidate!

    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...r&dlvrit=56325

    What a clueless waste of human space.

    You know "generally" speaking she is right. If you go poll 100 people who make 20K a year and ask them political questions and you poll 100 people who make 200K a year the same questions, I think you would see a huge pattern. There is a correlation between income level and education, not in every case, but there is definitely some truth to it.

    At the same time, the VAST majority of people who make tens of millions of dollars, who grew up millionaires and have been millionaires their whole lives, they are also out of touch the rest of the country and the average citizen.

  8. #8
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Orleans Louisiana United States
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-dad View Post
    It's a lot easier to understand when you don't hate rich white politicians.

    In todays fucked up corperate world sometimes the best thing for struggling corperations is to dismantle them and sell the parts off to corps that are better suited to run them. Nobody likes failing businesses, but the fact remains that businesses fail and people suffer losses when they do.

    Only Democrats think that you can save a company by pouring tons of money into the sinking ship. Selling the ship for scrap often times makes room for a new ship to prosper.

    You don't understand it because you don't want to understand it. Because you too don't give a rats ass about saving the company, just care about hating Mitt.
    It's not about hating Mitt, it's about hating [insert any republican name here]

    But mass-dad you do the same thing, you don't just hate Obama, you hate [insert any democrat name here]

    Liberals... hate the rich, and think it's *not fair* that a smaller sector of the population is really rich and the rest is middle or lower class. cry me a fucking river, if you want to be rich, then bust your ass and accomplish it. We live in a country where people go from nothing to millionaires all the time, and not just from the lottery lol but from starting a business, busting their asses and becoming successful ESPECIALLY since the internet came along. Almost everyday some kid/guy is creating an internet site or company that blows up and is worth millions. Why punish people for being successful by hating them and wanting to take their money so you can reward the successful by giving it to them?
    Last edited by will76; July 12th, 2012 at 02:11 AM.

  9. #9
    LAJ
    LAJ is offline
    Administrator LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,591
    I don't hate the uber rich white people in this country.

    But I do hate their disdain for America and people in general.

    Sure they pay more in taxes. But they also send American jobs overseas and keep foreign accounts to avoid paying extra. Like it'll make a significant dent in their many millions.
    Talk to me about advertising on YNOT and get your product in front of the eyes of thousands of Webmasters every day! ICQ 92418228 or email jay at ynot dot com.

  10. #10
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    I don't hate the uber rich white people in this country.

    But I do hate their disdain for America and people in general.

    Sure they pay more in taxes. But they also send American jobs overseas and keep foreign accounts to avoid paying extra. Like it'll make a significant dent in their many millions.
    You mean uber rich people like Al Gore, a major stockholder in Apple Inc who shipped all American based product manufacturing jobs to China. (and know wines because all the screens are cracking on those cheaply made over priced units) Or folks like Nancy Pelosi who holds 30% of the stock to Starkist Tuna and employes 1/3 of the workforce in American Semoa at below federal minimum wages. (a minimum wage law she wrote and then gave herself exemption from) Or Board of Directors member Michelle Obama who pays her TreeHouse Foods CEO over 25 million dollars a year..

    You mean those uber rich people? Or just the white ones with an R after their name/title.
    veni vidi bibi

  11. #11
    LAJ
    LAJ is offline
    Administrator LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,591
    Perhaps. But you and I both know that the majority of people with disdain for this country and whatever they can to avoid paying in, have an R after their name
    Talk to me about advertising on YNOT and get your product in front of the eyes of thousands of Webmasters every day! ICQ 92418228 or email jay at ynot dot com.

  12. #12
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    But mass-dad you do the same thing, you don't just hate Obama, you hate [insert any democrat name here]
    True, but I completely understand who they are, what they do and how they do it. A little commenting..

    Mitt Romney -- Uses his and others private sector money, makes his own money, had great success in the business world, engaged in private sector capitolism within a capitolism society, makes his own way, pays his own bills. -- he's the bad guy.

    Barack Obama -- Grew up as a muslim in several other countries, comes back to America and collects welfare and gets stoned all day in Hawaii, moves to presumingly Connecticut and continues into college getting high and using government money. Gets out of college and goes to work for ACORN and continues to live off of government money while bilking the USA through ACORN practices that eventually get the whole program defunded and sued. Runs for office and continues to live off the government while going to a church that openly hates white people. Gets elected reguardless of these facts and proceeds to bankrupt the US treasury with pork spending while openly ushering in socialist policies. -- he's the good guy.

    John Smith -- Works hard at his plumming business and makes a few hundred thousand a year while employing 10 other people as well. Invests money in the stock market for his future, buys a nice home in the white section of town and landscapes the yard with a large inground pool and a hot tub and maybe some really cool toys like $5k BBQ and $15k of trees and rock landscape. Buys his old lady a BMW and gets himself a Vette. Pay lots of taxes and volunteers on the city planning board or something. -- He's wealthy and a greedy mother fucker who needs to be taxed more. We need to get rid of people like him.

    Jesus Ganzalez -- Sneeks across the border illegaly. Makes babies with poor white woman. Doesn't have any resources to support them. Files a tax return claiming 12 kids who live in mexico as dependents and bilks the tax system for $10k income tax refunds. Steals rims and sells drugs for a living when he can't get a job picking vegetables. Works as a roofer, carpenter or landscaper illegaly. Steals food, joins gangs and robs homes. -- This is someone who we need to help stay in this country and become an American citizen.
    veni vidi bibi

  13. #13
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    Perhaps. But you and I both know that the majority of people with disdain for this country and whatever they can to avoid paying in, have an R after their name
    No we both don't know that. I know there are more D's than R's.

    The proof is in, Obama's ability to out fundraise all his political compitition. He took more curruption wall street banker money then Clinton, Romney and McCain combined. He out spent with 100% donations not only Hillary Clinton but then John McCain as well.Rich white Republicans don't give money to Barack Hussain Obama.. Your in denial..
    veni vidi bibi

  14. #14
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Orleans Louisiana United States
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    I don't hate the uber rich white people in this country.

    But I do hate their disdain for America and people in general.

    Sure they pay more in taxes. But they also send American jobs overseas and keep foreign accounts to avoid paying extra. Like it'll make a significant dent in their many millions.
    and they send jobs over seas but yet you still buy their products, which I might add you paid less for because it was made over seas, how ironic.

    If all the companies made their products in the US they would pass that cost onto the consumer, then oh no, the poor people would be spending more of their money to buy the products making them have less cash left over (more poor)! lol it's rather funny those poor people just can't win, the rich are either fucking them by sending the jobs over seas, or fucking them by taking more of their money when the buy the product if it was made here.
    Last edited by will76; July 13th, 2012 at 11:40 PM.

  15. #15
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Orleans Louisiana United States
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    Perhaps. But you and I both know that the majority of people with disdain for this country and whatever they can to avoid paying in, have an R after their name
    When they are paying 100x more than some people, 10000x more than others for the same services! I don't blame them. Now if everyone was taxed at a flat 25% for example and there was no income brackets then I would agree with you. If you make more you should pay more, but it should be at the same % as everyone else. The tax brackets are total bullshit. The more you make and the more successful you are the more you disproportionately get punished ? Why should I have to pay 35% in income taxes when someone else pays ZERO or only 15%, why because I made a lot of money so you should be allowed to take more from me??? that is crap.

  16. #16
    LAJ
    LAJ is offline
    Administrator LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,591
    Quote Originally Posted by mass-dad View Post
    No we both don't know that. I know there are more D's than R's.

    The proof is in, Obama's ability to out fundraise all his political compitition. He took more curruption wall street banker money then Clinton, Romney and McCain combined. He out spent with 100% donations not only Hillary Clinton but then John McCain as well.Rich white Republicans don't give money to Barack Hussain Obama.. Your in denial..
    Proof to back that up? And from an unbiased source?
    Talk to me about advertising on YNOT and get your product in front of the eyes of thousands of Webmasters every day! ICQ 92418228 or email jay at ynot dot com.

  17. #17
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    Proof to back that up? And from an unbiased source?
    What, you forget how to google Jay?

    http://www.fec.gov/
    http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/e-j-d...class-warfare/

    There are dozens of articles and reports on the subject for you to strike down. I won't bother wasting my time looking them up for you as I am sure you can do that on your own. Instead, post something that says the FEC is incorrect.
    veni vidi bibi

  18. #18
    LAJ
    LAJ is offline
    Administrator LAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Austin, Texas, United States
    Posts
    16,591
    Nah, cuz that would suggest that I care, when really , the topic at hand here is that Romney is completely out of touch with the common man, and it's funny (sad) that the people who support him just don't get it. What was it... 9 months ago or so not even his own party cared about him and a lot of people didn't trust him or his "mormon" ways.

    Considering that Obama is a centrist... if he was white and put an R after his name, all the haters would be jizzing themselves over him LOL...
    Talk to me about advertising on YNOT and get your product in front of the eyes of thousands of Webmasters every day! ICQ 92418228 or email jay at ynot dot com.

  19. #19
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,278
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    Nah, cuz that would suggest that I care, when really , the topic at hand here is that Romney is completely out of touch with the common man, and it's funny (sad) that the people who support him just don't get it. What was it... 9 months ago or so not even his own party cared about him and a lot of people didn't trust him or his "mormon" ways.

    Considering that Obama is a centrist... if he was white and put an R after his name, all the haters would be jizzing themselves over him LOL...
    Make his first name Bill and his last name Clinton and you may have something there. The man just lies too much. He has no real integrity to speak of.

    I mean he gives wall street tons of money and they steal it. He gives 20+ billion in alternative energy investment and Europe and South America steal that. Why we are not demanding it be returned to us is just messed.

    And the topic is, ...
    veni vidi bibi

  20. #20
    YNOT Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New Orleans Louisiana United States
    Posts
    2,049
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJ View Post
    the topic at hand here is that Romney is completely out of touch with the common man, .

    actually the topic is about Romney supportor(s) being out of touch with the common man, but I agree Romney is as well.

    By default anyone who makes millions of dollars for many years is going to be out of touch and there is a lot of rich democrats too. her comments" "We've got the message," she added. "But my college kid, the baby sitters, the nails ladies -- everybody who's got the right to vote -- they don't understand what's going on. I just think if you're lower income -- one, you're not as educated, two, they don't understand how it works, they don't understand how the systems work, they don't understand the impact."

    While the lady generalizes grossly, the jist of what she is saying is true but she used "everybody". *A lot of people* who do have the right to vote don't know what is going on, but at the same time most of them don't vote anyway. Generally speaking the lower income you are you are going to be less educated. This is a fact. There is a lot more kids from families that make 100K+ a year going to college then there are kids who's come from the ghetto that go to college.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
1 2 3 4 5